It is the outcome of development, based on many years of experience, resulting in the production of this revolutionary valve. The combination air valve discharges air during the filling of the system and admits air while draining and at water column separation. It also releases accumulated air from the system while the system is operating under pressure.
Product technical leaflet
Micro "BARAK" for Low Pressure
Combination Air Valve With Orifice Shut-off Valve
The DT-040 LP Combination Air Valve is designed to prevent
disturbances caused by presence or absence of air in small water
The combination air valve combines an air & vacuum large orifice
and an automatic small orifice in one single body. It is the outcome
of development, based on many years of experience, resulting in the
production of this revolutionary valve.
The combination air valve discharges air during the filling of
the system and admits air while draining and at water column
It also releases accumulated air from the system while the system is
operating under pressure.
Low pressure systems.
The air & vacuum component, with the large orifice, discharges air
at high flow rates during the filling of the system and admits
air into the system at high flow rates during its drainage and at water
High velocity air will not blow the float shut. Water will lift the
float, which seals the valve.
At any time during system operation, should internal pressure of the
system fall below atmospheric pressure, air will enter the system.
The smooth discharge of air reduces pressure surges and other
The intake of air in response to negative pressure protects the system
from destructive vacuum conditions and prevents damage caused
by water column separation. Air entry is essential to efficiently drain
The air release component releases entrapped air in pressurized
Without air valves, pockets of accumulated air may cause the
following hydraulic disturbances:
- Restriction of effective flow due to a throttling effect as would a
partially closed valve. In extreme cases this will cause complete flow
- Obstruction of efficient hydraulic transmission due to air flow
- Accelerate cavitation damages.
- Pressure transients and surges.
- Corrosion in pipes, fittings and accessories.
- Danger of a high-energy burst of compressed air.
- Inaccuracies in flow metering.
As the system starts to fill, the valve functions according to the
1. Entrapped air in the pipeline is discharged by the valve.
2. Liquid enters the valve, lifting the float which pushes the sealing
mechanism to its sealing position.
3. Entrapped air, which accumulates at peaks and along the system,
rises to the top of the valve, which in turn displaces the liquid in the
4. The float descends, unsealing the rolling seal. The air release
orifice opens and the accumulated air is released.
5. Liquid enters into the valve and the float rises, pushing the rolling
seal back to its sealing position.
When internal pressure falls below atmospheric pressure
1. The float will immediately drop down, opening the air & vacuum
and air release orifices.
2. Air will enter the system.
-Working pressure range: 0.05 - 6 bar.
-Testing pressure: 10 bar.
-Working Temperature: 600 C.
-Materials: The air valve is made of corrosive-resistant composite
-2 IN 1 - two sets of orifices.
-Integral orifice shut-off valve: an innovative built- in shut off valve
enables the closure of the air valve orifices with no interference to
water flow in the pipe.
- The large orifice with its self-cleaning mechanism dramatically
reduces obstruction due to debris.
-Discharge outlet: enables for the connection of a 10mm
polyethylene discharge tube..
- Dynamic design allows high velocity air discharge and preventing
-Lightweight and small - 144 gr.
-The most compact air valve in the market.
-Seals at very low pressure.
- Connections: Threaded 1/2", 3/4" BSPT / NPT.
- Optional model DT-040 (max. working pressure 10 bar)
- One-way air flow option.
Upon ordering, please specify: model, size, working pressure,
threads standard and type of liquid.